What People Don’t Know About the 1%
Here are facts about the 1% in America
- Most self-made billionaires are now older and about to pass over.
- The self-made billionaires have now passed on their wealth to their families so they will NEVER ever have to work a day in their life.
- The amount of money that the 1% makes just on investments and interest is MORE than what the government makes.
- Thomas Piketty discusses in his Best Selling book, “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” how America is today is like how France was back before World War I with the oligarchy at the time. Thomas Piketty is the expert on the 1%.
- The difference between America and how France is now, is that in France, low-income people have a higher minimum wage. Plus, because everyone (not just the rich) are taxed higher so there is more distribution of wealth to people in need.
They have universal health care, young parents get more help, they work less hours, disabled people get more help, and the list goes on.
In America the poor get NOTHING. Even Trumpet is changing the food stamp program so that people can no longer decide where to buy their own food. Now the poor are being forced to buy pre-made meals from Blue Apron.
And we wonder if these meals are the same meals sold on Blue Apron’s site, or will they be cheaper lower quality meals.
That means people who eat only healthy food with no chemicals, gluten free, no toxic sugar, toxic salt, etc. will be forced to eat what the government tells them they should eat otherwise, they will starve to death.
- The 1% have so MUCH MONEY, that they buy politics and control the government. If you are aware of what is going on, you should already see that they have controlled government and we think this has been going on since at least the early 1920’s.
In fact, it is said, that the government was created to create this illusion that it helps the people when REALLY it’s there to protect the 1% because there’s so few of them compared to us.
This is EXACTLY why voting is a sham because the 1% have already decided who’s going to win and then they make it happen.
If you are still a statist that worships the corrupt government run by criminals, we hope you eventually learn that your vote does NOT count. You have been brainwashed by the 1% into voting so they make you BELIEVE that your vote counts when it doesn’t. Piketty believes this has been going on now since around 1977. We believe it goes back even further than that.
- The rich have so much power, they control the way society THINKS. All they have to do is buy media and create campaigns against ANYTHING that would take money or power away from them. This is why the term “redistribution of wealth” has become the evil catchphrase whenever anyone talks about giving to people who don’t have money.
Even people who aren’t rich believe it’s wrong to help those in need and this is NOT how America used to be if one looks back in history.
And because America is STILL such a racist country, it is also assumed that race has something to do with people not wanting to give to the poor. The story is that when money is given to others, that it’s ONLY the white man/woman giving to Blacks and Hispanics which is just NOT true. There are MANY white people who are poor, sick, disabled, don’t make a lot, etc.
- The rich are soooo GREEDY, that they can’t even give up .5% or less of their wealth to help the bottom 20%. If they DID give up that small part of their vast wealth, it would make our lives that much easier to live.
No one is talking about stealing all their money, but they aren’t even willing to give up ANY of it to help those who are sick, less fortunate, young people or families just starting out, older people who can’t work anymore, and the list goes on.
Facts About the 1%
- In April 2014 just after tax season, it showed that the CEOs of 350 EVIL CORPS got paid 331 x more than the average US worker.
They made around $11.7 million per person per year vs the average worker who ONLY makes $35,239 per year.
- The rich pay less tax than those of us in the Middle Class. The poorest 20% of Americans pay 11% or more in tax, while the rich 1% ONLY pay 5.6%.
So, they make so much more money, and pay half or 0% of the tax that we do.
This doesn’t even take into account how many FREE things they get from businesses worldwide who want THEIR money.
Do you get free things from hotels, restaurants clothing designers, car manufacturers, and the list goes on?
Even self-employment tax is at 15% and most self-employed people are just small independent contractors who don’t run a business, they make anywhere from $10-20/hour which is nothing when the cost of living is so high.
- The rich constantly play the “don’t bully me for being rich and tax me MORE” card while the CORRUPT government protects them by giving them tax breaks, tax havens, and loopholes us regular Americans NEVER get. This is why Trumpet and his 1% buddies NEVER PAY TAX.
A study between 1981 and 2002 from Martin Gilens at Princeton University called, “Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens says, “…the preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, near-zero, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.”
Like we always say, the government is CORRUPT, and is ONLY here to protect the 1%, NOT US.
To watch the full interview with economist Paul Krugman who writes about what Thomas Piketty researches about the 1%, you can click here.
And don’t forget about Thomas Piketty’s book, Capital in the Twenty-First Century